DEGREES AND ACCREDITATIONS
LLB Queensland University of Technology
James was admitted as a solicitor in 1996 and as a barrister in 2000.
He has practised exclusively in criminal law for more than 20 years.
James has a strong practice in all types of criminal matters and regularly appears in courts at all levels of the criminal justice system.
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Inquests, Commission of Inquiry and Statutory Tribunals
- Judicial Review
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Professional Negligence
- Workers Compensation
Prior to commencing practice as a barrister in 2016, Matt practised as a solicitor and was a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in personal injuries law and was awarded the Highest Achiever Award for the 2011 accreditation program. His practice is spread across all areas of personal injuries litigation, medical negligence, TPD and income protection, regulatory reviews, coronial inquests, and merits reviews. He also acts for claimants who have been the victims of institutional child sexual abuse.
- A Top Class Turf Pty Ltd v Parfitt  1 Qd R 390
- Sarkaria v Workers’ Compensation Regulator  ICQ 1
- Ritson and Comcare (Compensation)  AATA 154
- De Rooy v Opal Bay Pty Ltd, unreported, District Court of Qld, 21 June 2019
- Walters v Roche & Anor  QSC 319
- Bonilla v Bonilla & Anor  QDC 339